This article aims to solve some of the common issues some people experience when using Charanga Music World. It is worth checking some of the answers here before contacting technical support to see if your question has already been answered.
I can’t hear any sound!
- Check that your speakers or headphones are properly plugged in, and that the volume on your computer is turned up.
- Make sure that your speakers aren’t muted - check the speaker icon on your computer’s desktop and make sure the volume is up and the speakers are active.
- Does your computer have a sound card? Some older computers may not have one. In this case you’ll need to buy and install a sound card in order to hear any sound from your computer.
- Content blocked issues. Your school network may be blocking access to some or all of the resources that this website uses. This detailed guide on unblocking should help your IT people unblock the site and get things working.
Materials aren’t loading properly!
- Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. You can find information on installing Flash in this article.
- Check your internet connection. If you have an unreliable connection sometimes the resource might not be able to load completely - if your internet connection drops while it is loading sometimes important parts can be lost. Try reloading the page - if that doesn’t work, you might need to look into your internet connection. If you’re using a wireless connection (e.g. on a laptop) try plugging it directly into your router. If all other websites are loading fine but you’re still having trouble loading materials on Charanga Music World please contact us
I can’t remember my password!
Click on the “I forgot my password” link on the login box. This will send a password reset form to the email address that you gave us when you signed up. Just follow the instructions in this email to make a new password and log back in to the site.
When I log in to the website I can’t access the world!
In order to get onto the world your school or local authority needs to have bought a licence. Your teacher can then give you a token which will enable you to get on to the world. Until then you’ll only be able to access lessons that your teachers have shared with you.
I selected the wrong instrument!
Click on "My Account" and select an instrument from the list. Once you have selected an instrument the world will be updated with your new choice - note that if you start a new instrument you will start your adventure from the beginning. If you swap back to an instrument you've already started you will continue from where you've left off.
What if I learn more than one instrument?
We’re always adding to Charanga Music World, and making it possible to switch between learning different instruments, with additional rewards and badges, is on the top of our list - watch this space! In the meantime you can change your instrument from the "My Account" page.
What can I do with my coins?
For now - save them! We will be introducing loads of ways to spend your hard-earned coins on extra avatar items and special bonuses in Charanga Music World. Keep practising and save up those coins!